Noob with a sick Technobeam

Hello all,

I just today received my very first intellegent light, a used Technobeam i made in 2001 (black stripe w/ the laser) and I am getting a LTO, LTR and Color error. I'm pretty sure from what I have read here that the corresponding motors need replacing. I was getting a FX error as well, but after rototing the FX wheel manually it started working in the Self Test.

I would prefer to send this in for repairs. I'm in Washington State near Spokane and was wondering if any of you know of a repair center close by.

I might be up to replacing the motors myself, but I have a feeling that more adjustments/repairs might need to be done to this fixture as well as a good cleaning.

Any sugestions are welcome, and I hope to be an active part of the HES forum community.

Thanks,

David Schulz
Parents
  • Ok here's the deal,
    the sensors sense when a tab passes through the sensor,
    BUT, if a motor has failed in such a way that it cannot get the motor to turn at all, the fixture may send a sens err, if the tab is blocking the sensor. try manually pushing the wheels all to a new position, and home the fixture again, to see if the error clears, if it doesn't I would test the sensor.
    In the test menu, there should be sens option,
    you can select the sensor you want to test, and manually spin the wheel, and when the tab passes through the sensor, the display should change from on to off.(or vice versa, i forget which way it is)
    that will tell you if the sensor is causing a problem..

FYI, a motor spinning too easy can be a sign of a bad driver chip,
    take a new motor and spin it without it plugged into a fixture, now plug it into a fixture the motor will be harder to turn, as it turns into a little generator,
    thats why if you move the head of a fixture while it is unplugged the motor lights flash on.

To test this, just remove the driver chip and swap it with one from something that you know works, and power it back up and see if the problem follows the chip or stays with the motor.

Good Luck
    Joshua Wood
  • Ok here's the deal,
    the sensors sense when a tab passes through the sensor,
    BUT, if a motor has failed in such a way that it cannot get the motor to turn at all, the fixture may send a sens err, if the tab is blocking the sensor. try manually pushing the wheels all to a new position, and home the fixture again, to see if the error clears, if it doesn't I would test the sensor.
    In the test menu, there should be sens option,
    you can select the sensor you want to test, and manually spin the wheel, and when the tab passes through the sensor, the display should change from on to off.(or vice versa, i forget which way it is)
    that will tell you if the sensor is causing a problem..

FYI, a motor spinning too easy can be a sign of a bad driver chip,
    take a new motor and spin it without it plugged into a fixture, now plug it into a fixture the motor will be harder to turn, as it turns into a little generator,
    thats why if you move the head of a fixture while it is unplugged the motor lights flash on.

To test this, just remove the driver chip and swap it with one from something that you know works, and power it back up and see if the problem follows the chip or stays with the motor.

Good Luck
    Joshua Wood
Children
No Data
Related