Noob with a sick Technobeam

Hello all,

I just today received my very first intellegent light, a used Technobeam i made in 2001 (black stripe w/ the laser) and I am getting a LTO, LTR and Color error. I'm pretty sure from what I have read here that the corresponding motors need replacing. I was getting a FX error as well, but after rototing the FX wheel manually it started working in the Self Test.

I would prefer to send this in for repairs. I'm in Washington State near Spokane and was wondering if any of you know of a repair center close by.

I might be up to replacing the motors myself, but I have a feeling that more adjustments/repairs might need to be done to this fixture as well as a good cleaning.

Any sugestions are welcome, and I hope to be an active part of the HES forum community.

Thanks,

David Schulz
Parents
  • Today I received the Studio Spot 250, in what was one of the worst packing jobs I've seen. One of the side covers was cracked off and the back shell had all four screw mounting points broken off..thank you UPS!

Here is the good news..everything works great on this light! And the real kicker is I got this thing for $630.00! I'm fixing the broken shell with epoxy as we speak, I dont think the damage will be noticeable when I'm done.

Thanks again for all the help, I've learned an amazing amount just in the last week with the help from this forum. I'll be ordering those motors from lightparts tomorrow.

Cheers,

David.
  • Today I received the Studio Spot 250, in what was one of the worst packing jobs I've seen. One of the side covers was cracked off and the back shell had all four screw mounting points broken off..thank you UPS!

Here is the good news..everything works great on this light! And the real kicker is I got this thing for $630.00! I'm fixing the broken shell with epoxy as we speak, I dont think the damage will be noticeable when I'm done.

Thanks again for all the help, I've learned an amazing amount just in the last week with the help from this forum. I'll be ordering those motors from lightparts tomorrow.

Cheers,

David.
Children
No Data
Related