X-Spot Restart after Shutdown

We have a new system with Hog PC3 and 4 X-Spots, we have a distributed DMX system that is part of the lighting system and dimmer racks.
Our issue is we can send a Shutdown command to the X-spots and the do shutdown, which is great, we don't use them all the time. The problem is trying to get them started back up, we have to send a Global Reset command to them from the control menu. That wouldn't be so bad, but it takes about 5 mins for the lights to run through their thing.

Is there a faster way to "Un"-Shutdown?

Thanks,
Parents
  • Hi! I am not experienced with the Xspot specifically, but I have used a lot of High End fixtures. Have you tried doing a lamp off instead of the shutdown? I believe this will keep all the fixture motors and functions enabled, it just shuts off the lamp. Then when you are ready, you can send a lamp on command and when the lamp comes up to tempature, you're set to go. I've done this with Studio Spots a lot and should work. The Hog3 software has these functions in the same menu but also check the Xspot manual in section 4-10 for the specific sequence to do the control commands as I think is says you have to send the shutter channel to 0. Hope this helps.

Anyone who has worked with Xspots want to chime in?
  • Hi! I am not experienced with the Xspot specifically, but I have used a lot of High End fixtures. Have you tried doing a lamp off instead of the shutdown? I believe this will keep all the fixture motors and functions enabled, it just shuts off the lamp. Then when you are ready, you can send a lamp on command and when the lamp comes up to tempature, you're set to go. I've done this with Studio Spots a lot and should work. The Hog3 software has these functions in the same menu but also check the Xspot manual in section 4-10 for the specific sequence to do the control commands as I think is says you have to send the shutter channel to 0. Hope this helps.

Anyone who has worked with Xspots want to chime in?
Children
No Data
Related