RDM compatible product

Hi everybody,

I am very interesting in the new RDM protocol. I was wondering if the high end fixtures were going to be RDM compatible ?
Does anyone know about RDM comptatible fixtures in developement ? I know ROBE has released 3 moving heads. What about other manufacturers ?

thank you
Parents
  • Currently RDM does not exist in any HES products. Most HES products have the HES Talkback protocol in them, but unfortunately it had a short lived life as the only controller to ever really implement it was the Handshake (and a Beta version of Hog 2 that was never fully released).

RDM is actually heavily based on the HES Talkback protocol. Most all the HES fixtures have the hardware support needed for RDM, it's a matter of updating the software in them all to support it.

Since it is difficult to actually directly tie increased sales of any products to adding a feature like RDM, it really doesn't make it high enough on the radar compared to creating a new product like SHOWGUN.

However, I have been working on implementing RDM in some of our products in my free time. I've had a lot less free time lately to work on it, but as that changes you should hopefully see it starting to appear in some HES products.

Scott
  • Currently RDM does not exist in any HES products. Most HES products have the HES Talkback protocol in them, but unfortunately it had a short lived life as the only controller to ever really implement it was the Handshake (and a Beta version of Hog 2 that was never fully released).

RDM is actually heavily based on the HES Talkback protocol. Most all the HES fixtures have the hardware support needed for RDM, it's a matter of updating the software in them all to support it.

Since it is difficult to actually directly tie increased sales of any products to adding a feature like RDM, it really doesn't make it high enough on the radar compared to creating a new product like SHOWGUN.

However, I have been working on implementing RDM in some of our products in my free time. I've had a lot less free time lately to work on it, but as that changes you should hopefully see it starting to appear in some HES products.

Scott
Children
No Data
Related