How can I improve my design skills as a programmer?

I am still rather new to working professionally in this field and after the last few gigs that I did I was told that I need to work on my design skills and knowledge. I am looking for any advice and works of wisdom on how to improve on this. What are the good books, are there any classes that would help? How about exercises or anything that helped you. Thanks for your time.
Parents
  • 1/Watch and learn,if you have time and the opportunity go and watch an experienced programmer do his or her thing.
    2/Program a show that you wouldn't normally..if you work in theatre go and program a rock'n'roll show and see how it varies and if you can pick up any new methods.
    3/if your using different consoles all the time make up some base show disks/files that contain some information that you know your going to need every time,colour pallettes,beam information etc so that you can use your limited time as effectiveley as possible.

hope this is of some help.
    C
  • 1/Watch and learn,if you have time and the opportunity go and watch an experienced programmer do his or her thing.
    2/Program a show that you wouldn't normally..if you work in theatre go and program a rock'n'roll show and see how it varies and if you can pick up any new methods.
    3/if your using different consoles all the time make up some base show disks/files that contain some information that you know your going to need every time,colour pallettes,beam information etc so that you can use your limited time as effectiveley as possible.

hope this is of some help.
    C
Children
No Data
Related