How can I improve my design skills as a programmer?

I am still rather new to working professionally in this field and after the last few gigs that I did I was told that I need to work on my design skills and knowledge. I am looking for any advice and works of wisdom on how to improve on this. What are the good books, are there any classes that would help? How about exercises or anything that helped you. Thanks for your time.
Parents
  • But you cant beat hands on experience... It is expensive, but well worth it... I learned the trade in an excellent UT program, but other schools offer programs that are good too... You will pick up design knowledge and hone your programming skills in an environment that is geared toward you learning and sharpening your skills and not making people money... There will still be pressure, but it is not the same kind! I owe where I am today to the UT program...

Good luck!

Mike
  • But you cant beat hands on experience... It is expensive, but well worth it... I learned the trade in an excellent UT program, but other schools offer programs that are good too... You will pick up design knowledge and hone your programming skills in an environment that is geared toward you learning and sharpening your skills and not making people money... There will still be pressure, but it is not the same kind! I owe where I am today to the UT program...

Good luck!

Mike
Children
No Data
Related