X-Spot issues

I have two issues with two different X-Spots, can anyone help?

1. I have one unit that does not power up at all (no LED, nothing).

2. I have another unit that pans past its mark during cues and actually crashes against its stop position. Sometimes it stops in the correct spot and some times it does not. Any ideas?

Mike
Parents
    It probably is the motor power supply, I have been having alot of those go bad lately and of course they are never repairable, so you end up having to buy a new one.

As for the main fuse, I would bypass it, as High end recomends,
    all those fuse holders go bad fairly quickly, and new xspots don't have one installed.

That being said, it could be 1 of the fuses that are between the 3 phase card and the fan.
    Make sure you remove those fuses to meter them though, they will meter out OK even if they are bad while they are installed.

I think it is a bad Pan encoder, or perhaps a bad 3 phase board.
    That sounds most likely since it sometimes goes to the correct spot.

Good Luck,
    Let us know how it worked out.
    Joshua Wood
    It probably is the motor power supply, I have been having alot of those go bad lately and of course they are never repairable, so you end up having to buy a new one.

As for the main fuse, I would bypass it, as High end recomends,
    all those fuse holders go bad fairly quickly, and new xspots don't have one installed.

That being said, it could be 1 of the fuses that are between the 3 phase card and the fan.
    Make sure you remove those fuses to meter them though, they will meter out OK even if they are bad while they are installed.

I think it is a bad Pan encoder, or perhaps a bad 3 phase board.
    That sounds most likely since it sometimes goes to the correct spot.

Good Luck,
    Let us know how it worked out.
    Joshua Wood
Children
No Data
Related