Studio Command Strike

No, their union isnt going on strike. But I have a Studio Command that will not strike, even a brand new lamp. It homes, goes through all the progressions, but then gives me the lamp failed to strike error. Also, I have two of them plugged into the same 20A circuit. When I plug the one that wont strike into its normal circuit, it makes the other light plugged into that circuit (which is also the next in the daisy chain), reset and not strike. But when I plug it into a different circuit, it doesnt make the unit in that circuit reset and when I plug a different light into the original circuit the other unit (not the broken one) doesnt reset.

Any ideas?

Mike

PS Was that too confusing? :684:
Parents
  • You mean you cant follow that? :poke:

:dunce: I will try again.

I have 4 Studio Commands on a truss (#1-4). I have two circuits dropped to that truss (20A #1 and 2). When I began unit #1 and 2 were plugged into circuit 1 and worked perfectly. Unit #3 and 4 were plugged into circuit #2, and unit #3 had no light, so I first assumed it was a bad lamp. I unplug it, change the lamp (to a CSR700/2) and when I plug it back in I notice that both unit #3 and 4 home. :angryfire: Neither of them strike. So I unplug #3 and get #4 to lamp on. Then I plug unit #2 into circuit #2 (with unit #4) and everything is fine, no reset and both units strike. :06: Then I plug unit #3 into circuit #1 (with unit #1). No reset, but #3 still wont strike. :no: So I think I must have been imagining things, and so I plug units #3 and 4 back togther (after I get unit #4 to lamp on) and again, they both reset!! :aargh4: So I try to lamp them both on. I lamp on #4, but when I attempt to lamp on #3 (with a brand new lamp mind you), the lamp in #4 goes out and #3 never lamps on!!! :sad2: So I take unit #3 and plug it into its own power source. It homes, does its thing, but no lamp. I use the lamp on command, nothing. It wont strike at all!! :1zhelp:

So I guess there are really two problems. Why does unit #4 home when unit #3 is plugged in with it, but not when any other unit is plugged in with it, nor does unit #3 make any other unit but unit #4 reset.

Then there is the fact that unit #3 will never strike a lamp.

Mike
  • You mean you cant follow that? :poke:

:dunce: I will try again.

I have 4 Studio Commands on a truss (#1-4). I have two circuits dropped to that truss (20A #1 and 2). When I began unit #1 and 2 were plugged into circuit 1 and worked perfectly. Unit #3 and 4 were plugged into circuit #2, and unit #3 had no light, so I first assumed it was a bad lamp. I unplug it, change the lamp (to a CSR700/2) and when I plug it back in I notice that both unit #3 and 4 home. :angryfire: Neither of them strike. So I unplug #3 and get #4 to lamp on. Then I plug unit #2 into circuit #2 (with unit #4) and everything is fine, no reset and both units strike. :06: Then I plug unit #3 into circuit #1 (with unit #1). No reset, but #3 still wont strike. :no: So I think I must have been imagining things, and so I plug units #3 and 4 back togther (after I get unit #4 to lamp on) and again, they both reset!! :aargh4: So I try to lamp them both on. I lamp on #4, but when I attempt to lamp on #3 (with a brand new lamp mind you), the lamp in #4 goes out and #3 never lamps on!!! :sad2: So I take unit #3 and plug it into its own power source. It homes, does its thing, but no lamp. I use the lamp on command, nothing. It wont strike at all!! :1zhelp:

So I guess there are really two problems. Why does unit #4 home when unit #3 is plugged in with it, but not when any other unit is plugged in with it, nor does unit #3 make any other unit but unit #4 reset.

Then there is the fact that unit #3 will never strike a lamp.

Mike
Children
No Data
Related