Studio Command Strike

No, their union isnt going on strike. But I have a Studio Command that will not strike, even a brand new lamp. It homes, goes through all the progressions, but then gives me the lamp failed to strike error. Also, I have two of them plugged into the same 20A circuit. When I plug the one that wont strike into its normal circuit, it makes the other light plugged into that circuit (which is also the next in the daisy chain), reset and not strike. But when I plug it into a different circuit, it doesnt make the unit in that circuit reset and when I plug a different light into the original circuit the other unit (not the broken one) doesnt reset.

Any ideas?

Mike

PS Was that too confusing? :684:
Parents
  • If you have 1 unit that will never strike,
    It probably has something wrong with it,
    Usually a fixture will make a clicking noise as it tries to strike,
    If it is making no noise at all, then it probably is your Lamp Power supply, Perhaps a LPS Fuse, I believe they are on the inside of that particular LPS.

If it is making some clicking, it could be the ignitor card, or still be the Lamp power supply.

I don't remember if this fixture has a lamp enable circuit, that could be the problem as well, is the lamp cap fully screwed down and tight?

To be fair, at 110 volt the fixture doesn't quite draw 10amps, More like 9.5A but if your voltage ever drops into the 100 volts, it will.
    In any case, you are loading a circuit very close to its capacity.

Joshua Wood
  • If you have 1 unit that will never strike,
    It probably has something wrong with it,
    Usually a fixture will make a clicking noise as it tries to strike,
    If it is making no noise at all, then it probably is your Lamp Power supply, Perhaps a LPS Fuse, I believe they are on the inside of that particular LPS.

If it is making some clicking, it could be the ignitor card, or still be the Lamp power supply.

I don't remember if this fixture has a lamp enable circuit, that could be the problem as well, is the lamp cap fully screwed down and tight?

To be fair, at 110 volt the fixture doesn't quite draw 10amps, More like 9.5A but if your voltage ever drops into the 100 volts, it will.
    In any case, you are loading a circuit very close to its capacity.

Joshua Wood
Children
No Data
Related