General Stepper Motor Question

Hey guys, here is a general stepper motor question.

If you have a construct, for example prism, and the motor works on higher rotation settings, but not on lower ones can this still be a stepper motor problem? I have always had them just blow out, I have never had one partially fail like this would appear... But I know it isnt in any of the control boards....

Mike
Parents
  • When you command it to go fast is it smooth?

Yes, on the fastest speed it is... But on medium or slow it is not... :drive:

Did it used to work fine before or is this a first time for either the fixture or the console library?

It has always worked fine and then just went kabloowey! :Eyecrazy:

Here's another test...
    Got another fixture of the same model?
    Swap motor and test it, then swap board and test it?

Swapped the board, not it... But the motors in this thing are heck to get to! :angryfire:

By the way, what is the fixture we're talking about?
    And what console are you using?

There's the rub... *lol* The motor is from a fixture from a certain Canadian Manufacturer that is not nearly as high end as High End... It is a 250 model... :15:

My console? A Grand MA...

But no one supports their stuff like you guys! :rtfm:

Mike
  • When you command it to go fast is it smooth?

Yes, on the fastest speed it is... But on medium or slow it is not... :drive:

Did it used to work fine before or is this a first time for either the fixture or the console library?

It has always worked fine and then just went kabloowey! :Eyecrazy:

Here's another test...
    Got another fixture of the same model?
    Swap motor and test it, then swap board and test it?

Swapped the board, not it... But the motors in this thing are heck to get to! :angryfire:

By the way, what is the fixture we're talking about?
    And what console are you using?

There's the rub... *lol* The motor is from a fixture from a certain Canadian Manufacturer that is not nearly as high end as High End... It is a 250 model... :15:

My console? A Grand MA...

But no one supports their stuff like you guys! :rtfm:

Mike
Children
No Data
Related