General Stepper Motor Question

Hey guys, here is a general stepper motor question.

If you have a construct, for example prism, and the motor works on higher rotation settings, but not on lower ones can this still be a stepper motor problem? I have always had them just blow out, I have never had one partially fail like this would appear... But I know it isnt in any of the control boards....

Mike
Parents
  • Mike, sounds like you have successfully diagnosed the problem already, you just don't want to change the motor do you. :)

Come on, get out the wrenches! :poke:

I don't blame you, that's why I stopped doing my own car work. Half the time it too far too long and I needed a second car to keep going to the parts store for things I didn't know I needed.

On the other side of reality, do you even have a spare motor to put in?

I don't believe it is worth your time to disassemble two fixtures just to prove it is the motor.

Buy a motor and cross your fingers.

Hope this helps.

Cat
  • Mike, sounds like you have successfully diagnosed the problem already, you just don't want to change the motor do you. :)

Come on, get out the wrenches! :poke:

I don't blame you, that's why I stopped doing my own car work. Half the time it too far too long and I needed a second car to keep going to the parts store for things I didn't know I needed.

On the other side of reality, do you even have a spare motor to put in?

I don't believe it is worth your time to disassemble two fixtures just to prove it is the motor.

Buy a motor and cross your fingers.

Hope this helps.

Cat
Children
No Data
Related