Fixture address vs. DMX channel

On my Studio Color 575 and Spots CMY, what's the difference between addressing them via fixture number or DMX starting channel?

The reason why I ask, is my rental house was out of HogII's for this last minute gig I had. I got this new Maxim LP board by LSC Lighting.

My Spots are fine, but my Colors jitter around. They function fine, all effects are accessible, as well as pan/tilt. But when they should be staying still, they are moving left/right up/down just a bit...constantly...as if they're making a square shape. All my dmx is fine, terminators used...I've dealt with Colors for a long time and have never had these issues.

Someone commented that they changed the Color to use Fix number instead of starting DMX channel. I won't be able to try this till tomorrow...but what would the difference even be between the two?

Thanx
Parents
  • Hogs have their place but require a brain to operate, hence why most of my designs use Light Jockey. I do the programming and they can put a drunk ape on it and do a good dance floor. Works with DJ's too.www.emoticons.free.fr/smileys/Emotion-Tongue/tongue2.gif Same amount of brain involved.www.emoticons.free.fr/smileys/Emotion-Tongue/tonguemad.gif

Id say you might have some console issues. Instructions ought not float over to other DMX chans. But errors from the desk or because of slacker cable can ruin you day.:blackeye:
  • Hogs have their place but require a brain to operate, hence why most of my designs use Light Jockey. I do the programming and they can put a drunk ape on it and do a good dance floor. Works with DJ's too.www.emoticons.free.fr/smileys/Emotion-Tongue/tongue2.gif Same amount of brain involved.www.emoticons.free.fr/smileys/Emotion-Tongue/tonguemad.gif

Id say you might have some console issues. Instructions ought not float over to other DMX chans. But errors from the desk or because of slacker cable can ruin you day.:blackeye:
Children
No Data
Related