Cyberlight Strike Problem

Hey Everybody,
I'm a "Cyber Novice", thought I'd get that out there, because maybe I'm just 'missing' something...

I have 11 Cyber CL's, I have this problem with about 5 of them, when I power the fixture, it homes just fine, (and stick it in test mode) it strikes the lamp for about 5-10 seconds, then the lamp goes out, and the Lamp LED just flashes.

I can try turning the fixture on and off again, to "reset" it, and it does the same thing.

Any ideas of what could be wrong?

Thanks,
Caleb
Parents
  • Big tip of advice. DO NOT REMOVE THE BACK PANEL!!!!!! flip the fixture on its back (belly up ie. fans and mirror facing towards the celing). Remove the optic (belly) cover and undo the safety cable. Next remove the 4 or 6 screws on upper part of the back plate (plate that houses the cable connections). Next you will find, you have to look, two allen screws that hold the color module to the belly plate that covers the lamp, the one with the two fans on it. Remove these two screws. Next carefully lift up and disconnect the two fan wires that attach to the powersupply board. The board on the other side with all the chips and wires on it is the logic board. If you remove the back plate completely it takes two people to struggle holding the light together along with keeping the vent plate lined up and trying to screw it all back together. To remove the ballast or transformer you have to remove the lamp, along with the 4 nuts holding the metal plates in place. You then start digging in from there. You need a long allen wrench (1/4" drive T-15 or T-20 torque bit on long 1/4" extension bar) to remove the two or three screws that hold the reflector along with the UV glass assembly and remove this. You also have to remove the screws that hold the logic board and power supply board to this metal assembly. And pull it out. You can do this without disconnecting either of the boards. On the right side next to the power supply board you will find a large metal cap. It has two orange wires running into it. That is the PFC. Be sure to discharge it by shorting it to be safe. The logic boards normally discharge them but i have been bitten by them before. You will see mounted to the back plate a little silver cap that has 4 wires running into it, it has 3 screw terminals, this is the ignitor. Dig down and you will see a little tranformer to the front of where the lamp goes, that is the logic tranformer, directly under where the lamp goes there will be a big ugly transformer that is the ballast. It is normal for everything to look like its been cooked.
  • Big tip of advice. DO NOT REMOVE THE BACK PANEL!!!!!! flip the fixture on its back (belly up ie. fans and mirror facing towards the celing). Remove the optic (belly) cover and undo the safety cable. Next remove the 4 or 6 screws on upper part of the back plate (plate that houses the cable connections). Next you will find, you have to look, two allen screws that hold the color module to the belly plate that covers the lamp, the one with the two fans on it. Remove these two screws. Next carefully lift up and disconnect the two fan wires that attach to the powersupply board. The board on the other side with all the chips and wires on it is the logic board. If you remove the back plate completely it takes two people to struggle holding the light together along with keeping the vent plate lined up and trying to screw it all back together. To remove the ballast or transformer you have to remove the lamp, along with the 4 nuts holding the metal plates in place. You then start digging in from there. You need a long allen wrench (1/4" drive T-15 or T-20 torque bit on long 1/4" extension bar) to remove the two or three screws that hold the reflector along with the UV glass assembly and remove this. You also have to remove the screws that hold the logic board and power supply board to this metal assembly. And pull it out. You can do this without disconnecting either of the boards. On the right side next to the power supply board you will find a large metal cap. It has two orange wires running into it. That is the PFC. Be sure to discharge it by shorting it to be safe. The logic boards normally discharge them but i have been bitten by them before. You will see mounted to the back plate a little silver cap that has 4 wires running into it, it has 3 screw terminals, this is the ignitor. Dig down and you will see a little tranformer to the front of where the lamp goes, that is the logic tranformer, directly under where the lamp goes there will be a big ugly transformer that is the ballast. It is normal for everything to look like its been cooked.
Children
No Data
Related