Lighting Advise

Sorry to bother the professionals but, I am stuck between the mickey mouse equipment forums (american dj , chauvet...) and the pro's. Anyway
I am a small time lighting DJ looking for some advise. My current setup includes...15 Powerscan 250MRs,2 Martin 518's,2 Wizards,2 Kryptons,1 Atomic 3000 and 1 Technobeam. It seems like something is missing. Would some color changers help? I was looking at the Martin CX-10's would the High-End color pro HX be a better choice? Should I invest in more Technobeams (MX-10's)? The work I do is mainly mobile. Any suggestions would be great!!!
Thanks for any Help
Ed
Parents
  • I hear you about pictures. I'm always having to get pics form "the other guys" in our shows.

I agree with Mike on the multiple locations if possible.

From your video I can see you certainly have the capability to get the fixtures you have moving to the groove.

Do you have more subtle looks like all blue (little to no motion) for a slow song? That would be where the LED fixtures would play nice to wash the dance floor or even the ceiling to set the mood for a song. Fast or slow songs.

If you do go with LED fixtures demo them first because the cheaper ones won't have the punch you need.

Cat
  • I hear you about pictures. I'm always having to get pics form "the other guys" in our shows.

I agree with Mike on the multiple locations if possible.

From your video I can see you certainly have the capability to get the fixtures you have moving to the groove.

Do you have more subtle looks like all blue (little to no motion) for a slow song? That would be where the LED fixtures would play nice to wash the dance floor or even the ceiling to set the mood for a song. Fast or slow songs.

If you do go with LED fixtures demo them first because the cheaper ones won't have the punch you need.

Cat
Children
No Data
Related