Technobeam w/ stuck focus

I've been setting up a rig for NYE and 1 of the technobeams has a malfunctioning focus. It looks like the motor is fine, but the focusing sticks in areas. Anybody have a fix? I may not be able to get parts in time for the show, but if its something simple, like a stepper motor, I can pick that up locally on monday.
Parents
  • This sounds like a problem in the lens setting. There are three options for the lens (Narrow, Normal, Wide). These settings are for the other lenses you can put in the T-Beams. Both narrow and wide shorten the travel of the lens tub because the alternate lenses stick out the front of the lens tub and interfere with the dimmer flags if you don't change the setting. (I've actually only worked with the wide and normal lenses but the narrow setting seems to produce results similar to the wide setting.)

I've also found that you can't get a sharp focus on the litho wheel if you have the normal lens set setup for 17.5°. On most of our fixtures I can get a sharp image if I use the normal lens set setup for 17.5° and set the fixture up for either wide or narrow lenses. However this limits the travel of focus and doesn't work on every fixture. It seems to be due to the inconsistency (+/- 1°) of the lenses as with this setup sharp on the litho is still at the very end of the travel. (I don't remember if it's near 0 or 255)

The lens settings are under Set>Lens>Norm, Wide, Narw

Not quite in time for NYE but hopefully it helps.

-Mat
  • This sounds like a problem in the lens setting. There are three options for the lens (Narrow, Normal, Wide). These settings are for the other lenses you can put in the T-Beams. Both narrow and wide shorten the travel of the lens tub because the alternate lenses stick out the front of the lens tub and interfere with the dimmer flags if you don't change the setting. (I've actually only worked with the wide and normal lenses but the narrow setting seems to produce results similar to the wide setting.)

I've also found that you can't get a sharp focus on the litho wheel if you have the normal lens set setup for 17.5°. On most of our fixtures I can get a sharp image if I use the normal lens set setup for 17.5° and set the fixture up for either wide or narrow lenses. However this limits the travel of focus and doesn't work on every fixture. It seems to be due to the inconsistency (+/- 1°) of the lenses as with this setup sharp on the litho is still at the very end of the travel. (I don't remember if it's near 0 or 255)

The lens settings are under Set>Lens>Norm, Wide, Narw

Not quite in time for NYE but hopefully it helps.

-Mat
Children
No Data
Related