X-spot not striking

I have an X-spot that refuses to strike. I tried swapping the lamps, the lamp powersupply and the ignitor along with the relay. I swapped all of the parts between two x-spots and the other one fired up just fine with the first ones parts and the first one still wouldnt fire up. I checked the lamp safety switch, it was all good, i also ran a continuity test of the wire loom that goes to the safety switch, and a contiunity test of the wires from the ignitor to the lamp ceramic. ANY IDEAS :aargh4::aargh4::aargh4:
Parents
  • Tim,
    Does the fixture make any noise when you try to strike it?
    My most common problem with Xspots is Lamp bases, although it is usually pretty obvious,
    they make a loud snapping noise when it tries to strike.
    If you look at the back of the lamp base, you will see the wires there have lost their insulation, and the wires are arcing to the mounting plate.

Otherwise, you are on the right course. It sounds like a lamp enable problem, but if you have swapped everything...
    Did you swap the interlock relay when you swapped everything else?
    I would try bypassing the relay and see if that solves the problem, and work backwards from there.

Good Luck!
    Joshua Wood
  • Tim,
    Does the fixture make any noise when you try to strike it?
    My most common problem with Xspots is Lamp bases, although it is usually pretty obvious,
    they make a loud snapping noise when it tries to strike.
    If you look at the back of the lamp base, you will see the wires there have lost their insulation, and the wires are arcing to the mounting plate.

Otherwise, you are on the right course. It sounds like a lamp enable problem, but if you have swapped everything...
    Did you swap the interlock relay when you swapped everything else?
    I would try bypassing the relay and see if that solves the problem, and work backwards from there.

Good Luck!
    Joshua Wood
Children
No Data
Related