X-spot not striking

I have an X-spot that refuses to strike. I tried swapping the lamps, the lamp powersupply and the ignitor along with the relay. I swapped all of the parts between two x-spots and the other one fired up just fine with the first ones parts and the first one still wouldnt fire up. I checked the lamp safety switch, it was all good, i also ran a continuity test of the wire loom that goes to the safety switch, and a contiunity test of the wires from the ignitor to the lamp ceramic. ANY IDEAS :aargh4::aargh4::aargh4:
Parents
  • Very unlikely, but perhaps the cpu board, or it must be a wiring problem, as tedious as that might be...
    I did have an xspot once that had a loose pin in one of the 9 pin connectors that went from the head to the arm, and it would push back when It was plugged in, causing the lamp not to get enabled...

I would bypass the relay and see if it strikes, that will tell you alot.
    Just pull the wires from the input side of the Relay and plug them directly into the ignitor card.

Joshua Wood
  • Very unlikely, but perhaps the cpu board, or it must be a wiring problem, as tedious as that might be...
    I did have an xspot once that had a loose pin in one of the 9 pin connectors that went from the head to the arm, and it would push back when It was plugged in, causing the lamp not to get enabled...

I would bypass the relay and see if it strikes, that will tell you alot.
    Just pull the wires from the input side of the Relay and plug them directly into the ignitor card.

Joshua Wood
Children
No Data
Related