X-spot not striking

I have an X-spot that refuses to strike. I tried swapping the lamps, the lamp powersupply and the ignitor along with the relay. I swapped all of the parts between two x-spots and the other one fired up just fine with the first ones parts and the first one still wouldnt fire up. I checked the lamp safety switch, it was all good, i also ran a continuity test of the wire loom that goes to the safety switch, and a contiunity test of the wires from the ignitor to the lamp ceramic. ANY IDEAS :aargh4::aargh4::aargh4:
Parents
  • I had similar issues lamps went off. we realized that the lamp safety switch was the problem, even it showed closed with fluke meter. the resistance can be sometimes slightly to high for electronic to recongnize. if you open/close a couple of times it works again for some time. I have sent a patch of switches to development dep. and this was agreed to be the fault by Mike Wood. I cant remember if or how this was ever solved.
    after bypassing the switches there was never ever a fault again, but please dont tell anyone:).
    good luck
    Robert
  • I had similar issues lamps went off. we realized that the lamp safety switch was the problem, even it showed closed with fluke meter. the resistance can be sometimes slightly to high for electronic to recongnize. if you open/close a couple of times it works again for some time. I have sent a patch of switches to development dep. and this was agreed to be the fault by Mike Wood. I cant remember if or how this was ever solved.
    after bypassing the switches there was never ever a fault again, but please dont tell anyone:).
    good luck
    Robert
Children
No Data
Related