Trackspot DMX Problem

Hi Everyone. I am new to the forum. I just purchased some trackspots and one is not working properly. Hopefully you can help me. I have experience programming DMX lights and also experience working with electronics (lighting, amps, etc), so, I tried all the simple troubleshooting.

Anyways...the trackspot will not respond to DMX. I have the personality dip's on 3 and 5. I have tried several DMX channels and no luck. The unit powers up, it works in personality 1 (test mode). The light strikes, the gobos rotate and stop, mirror movement is fine, shutter is fine. It simply will not respond to DMX when I take it off of test and put it on the high resolution DMX settings, or the low setting for that matter.

I saw a post in here somewhere referring to the personality IC ( Integrated circuit). I am afraid this could be the problem. Is it? Any ideas?

The circuit board is a green board and the QC sticker says 11/5/96. I do not see the F2 ad F3 fuses anywhere on the circuit board like the HES manual suggests (the manual says F2 and F3 fuses would be the cause for no respose to data signal)

Please help. Thanks for your time!
Shane
Parents
  • Does anyone have a schematic of the old version of trackspot - the one I am having a problem with? The schematic that Tim posted is of the newer version that has the fuses on the DMX circuit. I need to know what resistance the resistors are that are placed right by the xlr connections, there are two diodes (that I replaced), two resistors that are the same (actually they are wrapped in some type of black tube) and another resistor that is different than that.

Please let me know if you have a schematic or know what the resistance should read. I just have a feeling my problem is still in that area because the board was so badly damaged right there. (I did make sure all the connections were correct by comparing to another trackspot board that I have)
  • Does anyone have a schematic of the old version of trackspot - the one I am having a problem with? The schematic that Tim posted is of the newer version that has the fuses on the DMX circuit. I need to know what resistance the resistors are that are placed right by the xlr connections, there are two diodes (that I replaced), two resistors that are the same (actually they are wrapped in some type of black tube) and another resistor that is different than that.

Please let me know if you have a schematic or know what the resistance should read. I just have a feeling my problem is still in that area because the board was so badly damaged right there. (I did make sure all the connections were correct by comparing to another trackspot board that I have)
Children
No Data
Related