Old Style Dataflash Problem

I have a bunch of the old style data flash, and they will not fire the lamp. I installed new SO lamps, and the red led does come on when powered up. I can hear the caps cycling through its test cycle. What do i need to check? Thanks. I am wondering if someone screwed up and sent me HO bulbs even though they are in packages that say SO. I will try taking a known working bulb and installing it in one to see what happens, but i have not had time yet.
Parents
  • [quote=TimMiller]boards look brand new and the fuses are good.

[quote=Puffyfish]What about the lamp sockets and the lamps themselves?
    I've seen a few lamps have tiny holes or fractures that were really hard to see. See if they are set to 120 v. Make sure the XLR lines are 'locked on'. Seen a bunch not fire because the were not.

I would also try pulling out the chips from their sockets and examining them....I've seen a few cases where the chip burns on the underside and/or the burn at one or more pins is not visible until the chip has been pulled.

Just make sure you take note of the chips' orientation so you don't re-load it backwards.....which will definitely cause the board to go up in smoke!
  • [quote=TimMiller]boards look brand new and the fuses are good.

[quote=Puffyfish]What about the lamp sockets and the lamps themselves?
    I've seen a few lamps have tiny holes or fractures that were really hard to see. See if they are set to 120 v. Make sure the XLR lines are 'locked on'. Seen a bunch not fire because the were not.

I would also try pulling out the chips from their sockets and examining them....I've seen a few cases where the chip burns on the underside and/or the burn at one or more pins is not visible until the chip has been pulled.

Just make sure you take note of the chips' orientation so you don't re-load it backwards.....which will definitely cause the board to go up in smoke!
Children
No Data
Related