Should I buy XSpots?

I am looking for intelligent fixtures to use in a room with a lot of ambient lighting and a 40'-50' trim height. I don't have the funds to purchase brand new fixtures. Would you recommend XSpots? If not, any other fixture you recommend? My concern is their age. Is that generally a problem with these fixtures? The specs look great, I just don't want to buy lights that break down on me in a few months because they are older. Anyone have experience with these lights that they can share with me? Any help/insight would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks. Ethan
Parents
  • I just got word that the XSpots I'm looking at are Extremes with the 2:1 lens on them. And that's great that Cybers will run on single phase. I will pass that along. My final concern is that this truss will be very exposed. What do you guys think about the asthetics of putting 3 Cybers on a 20' run of truss? I have two trusses runninng paralle to each other about 16' apart. Each will have Source Four Pars, Source Four Ellipsoidals, and either Cybers or XSpots. And the kicker is that this is a very steep incline along the roofline, which my truss has to follow. Unfortunately the incline takes the truss face away from the stage rather than towards it. So I'm concerned about being able to hit everything I want with the Cyber's mirror vs. the XSpots moving head.

All in all, here's the question I'm coming back to. If I use the XSpots are they at all comparable to the Cybers in brightness? Will I hate life with the XSpots? Is it worth it to redesign the truss layout (if possible) just to accomodate Cybers?
  • I just got word that the XSpots I'm looking at are Extremes with the 2:1 lens on them. And that's great that Cybers will run on single phase. I will pass that along. My final concern is that this truss will be very exposed. What do you guys think about the asthetics of putting 3 Cybers on a 20' run of truss? I have two trusses runninng paralle to each other about 16' apart. Each will have Source Four Pars, Source Four Ellipsoidals, and either Cybers or XSpots. And the kicker is that this is a very steep incline along the roofline, which my truss has to follow. Unfortunately the incline takes the truss face away from the stage rather than towards it. So I'm concerned about being able to hit everything I want with the Cyber's mirror vs. the XSpots moving head.

All in all, here's the question I'm coming back to. If I use the XSpots are they at all comparable to the Cybers in brightness? Will I hate life with the XSpots? Is it worth it to redesign the truss layout (if possible) just to accomodate Cybers?
Children
No Data
Related