Should I buy XSpots?

I am looking for intelligent fixtures to use in a room with a lot of ambient lighting and a 40'-50' trim height. I don't have the funds to purchase brand new fixtures. Would you recommend XSpots? If not, any other fixture you recommend? My concern is their age. Is that generally a problem with these fixtures? The specs look great, I just don't want to buy lights that break down on me in a few months because they are older. Anyone have experience with these lights that they can share with me? Any help/insight would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks. Ethan
Parents
  • Depends on what you are looking for,
    Cybers are going to be brighter in the long run.
    And the lamps tend to last longer as well.
    But you have to decide if you can hit what you want with them.
    You can turn the head back and forth around 20 degrees, that may help you make the shots you want to.

But with the cybers you are definetly giving up some things, it is up to you if you can live with that.

21 Rotating Gobo's vs. 4 rotating
    Variable CTO and CTB
    Faster zoom and focus.
    I believe the 2:1's still have a larger zoom range than a cyber as well, but I would have to check the cutsheets to be sure.

Good Luck!
    Joshua Wood
  • Depends on what you are looking for,
    Cybers are going to be brighter in the long run.
    And the lamps tend to last longer as well.
    But you have to decide if you can hit what you want with them.
    You can turn the head back and forth around 20 degrees, that may help you make the shots you want to.

But with the cybers you are definetly giving up some things, it is up to you if you can live with that.

21 Rotating Gobo's vs. 4 rotating
    Variable CTO and CTB
    Faster zoom and focus.
    I believe the 2:1's still have a larger zoom range than a cyber as well, but I would have to check the cutsheets to be sure.

Good Luck!
    Joshua Wood
Children
No Data
Related