Intellabeam 700hx has issues

I posted a while back about a problem I thought was dmx related. I have since checked and changed all the cables and went over the internal solder connections on the data board. Here is the updated condition. I am running a 10 fixture setup and currently this one is number 8 in the line. When starting up it cycles fine and then begins to "flutter". More specifically, with the shutter and gobo open and the dimmer at full no matter where the mirror is positioned the fixture "blinks" continually. The shutter flashes and the mirror moves to like a "home" position. It will continue to do this even if the dmx cable is unplugged for a moment. I have another data board but it has problems too. where is the best place to start? Any ideas would be apprectiated. The whole system is as follows: colortran innovator 72/144, 8-intellabeam 700hx, 2-meteor elipscans.
Parents
  • Marty,

1- yes the dmx line is terminated after the last fixture
    2- unsure- we are running in theatre situation and are having to use seperate recepticals to power the fixtures rather than use a distro and feeder. but probably the same ground.
    3- initial run from console to fixture 1 is about 100' and then a total of about 200' to the problem fixture with about 50' after the problem to the end of the run.

i did have a thought, i currently have the console in the house to program a show ( no HH remote ) so I could run a shorter dmx line directly to the problem fixture and see if that helps. I will try that today and post again tomorrow.

just seems weird that this fixture is not at the end or beginning of the line but somewhere in the middle.

Thanks for all your ideas, input and help.

john
  • Marty,

1- yes the dmx line is terminated after the last fixture
    2- unsure- we are running in theatre situation and are having to use seperate recepticals to power the fixtures rather than use a distro and feeder. but probably the same ground.
    3- initial run from console to fixture 1 is about 100' and then a total of about 200' to the problem fixture with about 50' after the problem to the end of the run.

i did have a thought, i currently have the console in the house to program a show ( no HH remote ) so I could run a shorter dmx line directly to the problem fixture and see if that helps. I will try that today and post again tomorrow.

just seems weird that this fixture is not at the end or beginning of the line but somewhere in the middle.

Thanks for all your ideas, input and help.

john
Children
No Data
Related