Intellabeam 700hx has issues

I posted a while back about a problem I thought was dmx related. I have since checked and changed all the cables and went over the internal solder connections on the data board. Here is the updated condition. I am running a 10 fixture setup and currently this one is number 8 in the line. When starting up it cycles fine and then begins to "flutter". More specifically, with the shutter and gobo open and the dimmer at full no matter where the mirror is positioned the fixture "blinks" continually. The shutter flashes and the mirror moves to like a "home" position. It will continue to do this even if the dmx cable is unplugged for a moment. I have another data board but it has problems too. where is the best place to start? Any ideas would be apprectiated. The whole system is as follows: colortran innovator 72/144, 8-intellabeam 700hx, 2-meteor elipscans.
Parents
  • [quote=JCS Lighting]Ok, here are the results of my tests: I used a shorter 50' cable and went directly from the console to the problem fixture only and also moved my terminator to that fixture. the fixture responded the same as before. I changed the data board with an older one i had out of another fixture and it seems to have corrected the problem. Now, is there any way to repair or troubleshoot the bad board or should i just junk the thing totally?

Glad you were able to figure out the cause.

I would send the bad PCB to Light Parts....they will be able to tell you if it is worth repairing or not, and if it is they can fix it as well.

www.lightparts.com

Hope this helps:)
  • [quote=JCS Lighting]Ok, here are the results of my tests: I used a shorter 50' cable and went directly from the console to the problem fixture only and also moved my terminator to that fixture. the fixture responded the same as before. I changed the data board with an older one i had out of another fixture and it seems to have corrected the problem. Now, is there any way to repair or troubleshoot the bad board or should i just junk the thing totally?

Glad you were able to figure out the cause.

I would send the bad PCB to Light Parts....they will be able to tell you if it is worth repairing or not, and if it is they can fix it as well.

www.lightparts.com

Hope this helps:)
Children
No Data
Related