Intellabeam 700hx has issues

I posted a while back about a problem I thought was dmx related. I have since checked and changed all the cables and went over the internal solder connections on the data board. Here is the updated condition. I am running a 10 fixture setup and currently this one is number 8 in the line. When starting up it cycles fine and then begins to "flutter". More specifically, with the shutter and gobo open and the dimmer at full no matter where the mirror is positioned the fixture "blinks" continually. The shutter flashes and the mirror moves to like a "home" position. It will continue to do this even if the dmx cable is unplugged for a moment. I have another data board but it has problems too. where is the best place to start? Any ideas would be apprectiated. The whole system is as follows: colortran innovator 72/144, 8-intellabeam 700hx, 2-meteor elipscans.
Parents
  • I did use the same ribbon cable with both the good and bad boards. I thought about switching the eprom but was unsure about it since the versions printed on the chip were different ( i assumed due to the manufacture dates of the fixtures the boards came from ) and I didn't know how that would effect the fixture performance. I was also curious if it could be a driver chip for the stepper motors but it wasn't isolated to just one motor. I will try the above and see what happens. I have another eprom but it was an earlier version - what is the difference?

thanks for the ideas,
    john
  • I did use the same ribbon cable with both the good and bad boards. I thought about switching the eprom but was unsure about it since the versions printed on the chip were different ( i assumed due to the manufacture dates of the fixtures the boards came from ) and I didn't know how that would effect the fixture performance. I was also curious if it could be a driver chip for the stepper motors but it wasn't isolated to just one motor. I will try the above and see what happens. I have another eprom but it was an earlier version - what is the difference?

thanks for the ideas,
    john
Children
No Data
Related