Xspot Control Issue

We have been having an issue for a few nights now with one of our xspots. It is daisy chained off of one other xSpot. Every once and a while when we send it a command it will stop responding and pick a random position to be in. The only way we have been able to fix it is to turn it off and turn it back on and it starts responding again. We have replaced the DMX so we do not think it is a DMX problem. Does anyone have any suggestions?
Thanks a lot,
Zach
Parents
  • Tim,
    If you have a dmx problem somewhere in a show,
    a terminator will often make this problem obvious..

If the signal is low to begin with, adding a terminator will sometimes cause the dmx link to fail.
    removing the terminator will solve the problem sometimes, but it could stop working at any moment. the best solution is to find the cause of the problem.
    Adding a terminator will never cause problems in a dmx system that is working correctly,

And,
    Sorry Puffy,
    And just to make sure I wasn't talking out my ass, I checked a few user manuals, and they all say that terminators are required.
    Joshua Wood
  • Tim,
    If you have a dmx problem somewhere in a show,
    a terminator will often make this problem obvious..

If the signal is low to begin with, adding a terminator will sometimes cause the dmx link to fail.
    removing the terminator will solve the problem sometimes, but it could stop working at any moment. the best solution is to find the cause of the problem.
    Adding a terminator will never cause problems in a dmx system that is working correctly,

And,
    Sorry Puffy,
    And just to make sure I wasn't talking out my ass, I checked a few user manuals, and they all say that terminators are required.
    Joshua Wood
Children
No Data
Related