Studio Command Power Issue

Hey guys thanks for all your help on my other issues. Now I have a Studio Command that will not power on. I have replaced all the fuses and when I turn it on, nothing. No LEDs, no home, nothing.

Any ideas?

Mike
Parents
  • Hey guys, just thought I would give you an update, thanks for all your help.

It turns out that in addition to a bad MPS, the transformer on the circuit board on the back side of the unit (the one where the AC power comes in and it sends out power to the LPS and MPS) had been repaired before and soldered to the circuit board. Well, someone had used too much solder and not seated the transformer properly, so when I replaced the back of the unit appearently the transformer touched the metal casing of the unit, which appearantly caused a short in the unit.

I reseated the transformer and reassembled the unit and all is well.

Mike
  • Hey guys, just thought I would give you an update, thanks for all your help.

It turns out that in addition to a bad MPS, the transformer on the circuit board on the back side of the unit (the one where the AC power comes in and it sends out power to the LPS and MPS) had been repaired before and soldered to the circuit board. Well, someone had used too much solder and not seated the transformer properly, so when I replaced the back of the unit appearently the transformer touched the metal casing of the unit, which appearantly caused a short in the unit.

I reseated the transformer and reassembled the unit and all is well.

Mike
Children
No Data
Related