Technobeam Question

I have a Techno that is dimmer but the light emitting from it it whiter then our other Techno's, I've gone through an throughly cleaned it, could the dimmer whiter light be a sign that the lamp is towards the end of it's life or could it be that it might just be a different brand lamp than the others? Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks
Kris
Parents
  • I would strongly suggest you never ever use GE Lamps in High End moving lights.
    From what I have heard from several people that have tried them, they tend to have "Non-Passive Failure" (Explode)
    and they usually take out at least the heat shield and reflector when they go.
    And if the inner envelope is frosted, it is well past its rated life and is even more likely to fail.
    MSR/MSD Lamps really need to be replaced on a schedule, not when they stop working, as usually they don't stop working until they fail in a dramatic fashion, if you are lucky, only the inner envelope will fail, and the outer one will stay intact.

Good Luck!
    Joshua Wood
  • I would strongly suggest you never ever use GE Lamps in High End moving lights.
    From what I have heard from several people that have tried them, they tend to have "Non-Passive Failure" (Explode)
    and they usually take out at least the heat shield and reflector when they go.
    And if the inner envelope is frosted, it is well past its rated life and is even more likely to fail.
    MSR/MSD Lamps really need to be replaced on a schedule, not when they stop working, as usually they don't stop working until they fail in a dramatic fashion, if you are lucky, only the inner envelope will fail, and the outer one will stay intact.

Good Luck!
    Joshua Wood
Children
No Data
Related