Phillips MSD 250/2 Alternatives?

Has anyone tried any of the alternatives to the Phillips MSD 250/2 bulbs ie the bulbs from Divinelighting?

www.divinelighting.com/msd-2502-lamp-replacement-aka-msd2502-277210-199850-p-24.html?gclid=CIWrlLGaypQCFRpknAod_gsrrw

I'm getting ready to replace the bulbs in 16 Colorpros so now seemed like the right time to ask. My guess is that it's not worth the risk but maybe somebody out there has another perspective.

Thanks,

Joe
Parents
  • Hello,
    This is Dustin, the owner of Divine Lighting. I'm glad to be a new member of your forum. Your distrust of off-brand lamps is well-founded. I'm sure that many of you have had bad experiences in the past with such products, as have I.
    That being said, we have gone to great lengths to ensure quality and consistency in our products. Specifically, our KSD 250/2 has a spectacular track record. To be clear, there are a couple of differences. The temp is 8000k and the life is 2000 hrs. Of the thousand's that we've sold, there have only been a couple of returns, and that was for the color. As long as you relamp all of your fixtures at once, then that shouldn't be a problem.

KSD 250/2 www.divinelighting.com/ksd-2502-divine-lighting-ksd2502-p-206.html

Here is a list of all known problems with our lamps:
    KSD 575/2: there have been some issues with convection-cooled fixtures, but none at all when the cooling is forced.
    KSD 700sa: There haven't been reported problems with the xSpot, but it does have issues with VariLite. We're going to pull it until we get it fixed.
    KSD 150: Older Martin 812's sometimes have problems striking the 150's.

I welcome posts from any of you who have used our products, with good or bad results.

Best regards,
    Dustin Johnson

What customers say they like about us:
    1. Friendly customer service.
    2. We usually ship same day from Atlanta.
    3. Shipping is free. (over $50)
    4. Prices
  • Hello,
    This is Dustin, the owner of Divine Lighting. I'm glad to be a new member of your forum. Your distrust of off-brand lamps is well-founded. I'm sure that many of you have had bad experiences in the past with such products, as have I.
    That being said, we have gone to great lengths to ensure quality and consistency in our products. Specifically, our KSD 250/2 has a spectacular track record. To be clear, there are a couple of differences. The temp is 8000k and the life is 2000 hrs. Of the thousand's that we've sold, there have only been a couple of returns, and that was for the color. As long as you relamp all of your fixtures at once, then that shouldn't be a problem.

KSD 250/2 www.divinelighting.com/ksd-2502-divine-lighting-ksd2502-p-206.html

Here is a list of all known problems with our lamps:
    KSD 575/2: there have been some issues with convection-cooled fixtures, but none at all when the cooling is forced.
    KSD 700sa: There haven't been reported problems with the xSpot, but it does have issues with VariLite. We're going to pull it until we get it fixed.
    KSD 150: Older Martin 812's sometimes have problems striking the 150's.

I welcome posts from any of you who have used our products, with good or bad results.

Best regards,
    Dustin Johnson

What customers say they like about us:
    1. Friendly customer service.
    2. We usually ship same day from Atlanta.
    3. Shipping is free. (over $50)
    4. Prices
Children
No Data
Related