Phillips MSD 250/2 Alternatives?

Has anyone tried any of the alternatives to the Phillips MSD 250/2 bulbs ie the bulbs from Divinelighting?

www.divinelighting.com/msd-2502-lamp-replacement-aka-msd2502-277210-199850-p-24.html?gclid=CIWrlLGaypQCFRpknAod_gsrrw

I'm getting ready to replace the bulbs in 16 Colorpros so now seemed like the right time to ask. My guess is that it's not worth the risk but maybe somebody out there has another perspective.

Thanks,

Joe
Parents
  • That's not a side note at all. After some investigation, I've found that using other brands of lamps "may void the warranty."

Yes, maybe we could get some clarification on what this means. It would be a shame if that were the case, since there are so many quality lamp makers out there, like GE, Osram, Ushio, and, in my opinion, Divine Lighting.

To the best of my knowledge, designing a fixture around a lamp would primarily concern the following: ignition voltage, operating voltage, current draw, physical dimensions, base type, thermal management, color rendering.

Personally, I don't think the particular brand of lamp makes that much difference, as long as it is manufactured with high quality and consistency, and meets specifications. Of the thousands of 575's and 250's we've sold, there has never been a report of one of our lamps damaging a fixture. And customers tend to be very vocal about that sort of thing.

Dustin Johnson
    www.divinelighting.com
  • That's not a side note at all. After some investigation, I've found that using other brands of lamps "may void the warranty."

Yes, maybe we could get some clarification on what this means. It would be a shame if that were the case, since there are so many quality lamp makers out there, like GE, Osram, Ushio, and, in my opinion, Divine Lighting.

To the best of my knowledge, designing a fixture around a lamp would primarily concern the following: ignition voltage, operating voltage, current draw, physical dimensions, base type, thermal management, color rendering.

Personally, I don't think the particular brand of lamp makes that much difference, as long as it is manufactured with high quality and consistency, and meets specifications. Of the thousands of 575's and 250's we've sold, there has never been a report of one of our lamps damaging a fixture. And customers tend to be very vocal about that sort of thing.

Dustin Johnson
    www.divinelighting.com
Children
No Data
Related