studio spot P/T issues

I have a studio spot that the pan feels weak. Such as when it is on its side it will not home correctly, there is very little resistance to move it. The tilt started to act the same way. I tried swapping power supplies thinking it could be weak since it is both pan and tilt. Same results. I tried swapping logic boards (the logic board was marked as good but who knows). Now its just the pan doing it again. Any ideas?
Parents
  • [quote=TimMiller]I have checked the leads and made sure that they were plugged in tight. I am having the same problem, it does it only when its panning slowly it begins to drop back down. I guess i will buy a new set of 3 phase chips and give that a try. I guess i will also try swapping motors.
    Plugged in tight is one thing, but have you checked them with a meter to be sure that there might not be one that is open? Also, considering that the pan and tilt use the same chips, you should be able to just swap one and see if it makes any difference.

- Tim
  • [quote=TimMiller]I have checked the leads and made sure that they were plugged in tight. I am having the same problem, it does it only when its panning slowly it begins to drop back down. I guess i will buy a new set of 3 phase chips and give that a try. I guess i will also try swapping motors.
    Plugged in tight is one thing, but have you checked them with a meter to be sure that there might not be one that is open? Also, considering that the pan and tilt use the same chips, you should be able to just swap one and see if it makes any difference.

- Tim
Children
No Data
Related