Intellabeam DMX channels

Hi,

I just got a couple of Intellabeam 400.
On my Grand MA's profile there are 8 channels, the last one is for the speed. But this speed channel has no effect on the mirror or gobo/color change speed.
On the online manual there is nothing mentionned about the DMX channels.

After searching on Google, some say that there are 8 channels some other 13 channels.

Could somebody tell me what is right. 7, 8 or 13?
Parents
  • It's been a while since I addressed Intellabeams, but a little bell is going off in the back of my head, that all switches off may be channel 1, and not switch 1 on. Try backing off your address by 1 digit on the switches and see what happens in 13 ch mode. I'll try to remember to check my docs next time I am in the shop . . . (Just found the doc on the HES site - my memory is correct! For DMX address 1, you set all switches to OFF, quite unlike most others.) I suspect that this will get everything going properly . . .

Oh, and not sure what manual you are looking at, but the doc on the HES site located at:

www.highend.com/pdfs/products/intellabeam400/intellabeam400_led.pdf

clearly has a DMX address to dipswitch chart on the 24th page . . . as well as just about anything else you would want to know about an IB . . .

- Tim
  • It's been a while since I addressed Intellabeams, but a little bell is going off in the back of my head, that all switches off may be channel 1, and not switch 1 on. Try backing off your address by 1 digit on the switches and see what happens in 13 ch mode. I'll try to remember to check my docs next time I am in the shop . . . (Just found the doc on the HES site - my memory is correct! For DMX address 1, you set all switches to OFF, quite unlike most others.) I suspect that this will get everything going properly . . .

Oh, and not sure what manual you are looking at, but the doc on the HES site located at:

www.highend.com/pdfs/products/intellabeam400/intellabeam400_led.pdf

clearly has a DMX address to dipswitch chart on the 24th page . . . as well as just about anything else you would want to know about an IB . . .

- Tim
Children
No Data
Related