Intellabeam DMX channels

Hi,

I just got a couple of Intellabeam 400.
On my Grand MA's profile there are 8 channels, the last one is for the speed. But this speed channel has no effect on the mirror or gobo/color change speed.
On the online manual there is nothing mentionned about the DMX channels.

After searching on Google, some say that there are 8 channels some other 13 channels.

Could somebody tell me what is right. 7, 8 or 13?
Parents
  • Hey tim,
    I did see the manual, but the manual doesn't cover the 13 channel mode.
    That was an add on, that doesn't seem to be included with it.
    If you find it within either the lCD or LED manual, Please tell me where it is, as I looked and didn't find it.
    The last time I needed it, I found it in one of my technical training books from several years ago.
    If you look at page 16, there is no mention of fixture modes really at all, only lightwave or DMX.
    There are actually several different modes for Ibeam, but they all were released after the manual, and the manual was never updated to reflect them.
    Hopefully some day, High end will get around to posting the mode document to the website, but since the Ibeam is well since discontinued, that may be a pipe dream.

As for addressing you are almost definitely correct, even thought the addressing chart is on the back of the fixture, I could see how someone could forget that the addressing mode for High end fixtures tends to differ from other brands.
    Joshua Wood
  • Hey tim,
    I did see the manual, but the manual doesn't cover the 13 channel mode.
    That was an add on, that doesn't seem to be included with it.
    If you find it within either the lCD or LED manual, Please tell me where it is, as I looked and didn't find it.
    The last time I needed it, I found it in one of my technical training books from several years ago.
    If you look at page 16, there is no mention of fixture modes really at all, only lightwave or DMX.
    There are actually several different modes for Ibeam, but they all were released after the manual, and the manual was never updated to reflect them.
    Hopefully some day, High end will get around to posting the mode document to the website, but since the Ibeam is well since discontinued, that may be a pipe dream.

As for addressing you are almost definitely correct, even thought the addressing chart is on the back of the fixture, I could see how someone could forget that the addressing mode for High end fixtures tends to differ from other brands.
    Joshua Wood
Children
No Data
Related