Intellabeam DMX channels

Hi,

I just got a couple of Intellabeam 400.
On my Grand MA's profile there are 8 channels, the last one is for the speed. But this speed channel has no effect on the mirror or gobo/color change speed.
On the online manual there is nothing mentionned about the DMX channels.

After searching on Google, some say that there are 8 channels some other 13 channels.

Could somebody tell me what is right. 7, 8 or 13?
Parents
  • [quote=Davyx]No worry about that, I'm not as stupid :) All dip switches are on Off for the DMX channel 1.

But thanks anyway for your help. I read your documents and tried the different modes setting. But it seams that only the 7 ch. mode is working on this one.

By the way, what are the differences between the Ibeam 400 and 700HX, except the different modes and lamp power?

Sorry, didn't mean to imply that you were stupid. It's just that most other fixtures I have used "1" on the switch is "1" in the address space, not skewed, so not knowing what you are used to, and based on the behaviour you described, it would have been an easy mistake to make . . .

As far as differences, a quick look reveals that the gobo, iris, shutter and iris capabilities appear the same. The 400 appears to use an electronic dimming system that won't go below 60% whereas the 700HX used full range mechanical dimming. Since the 700HX was a replacement for the 400, and they were not built at the same time, I would not expect a lot of commonality in the two beyond the basics. Due to the additional motor channel on the 700HX for dimming, I beleive that the logic cards are also completely different which is why you can't put 700HX code on a 400 . . . hopefully, someone with HES or Don at Lightparts can clarify any other differences on Monday. I *think* I am correct, but since I have never touched a 400, can't be positive.

I fear, though, that you might be stuck in 7 channel mode with these . . . there is a reason that there weren't that many built, and that you don't see them much on the used market . . . .

- Tim
  • [quote=Davyx]No worry about that, I'm not as stupid :) All dip switches are on Off for the DMX channel 1.

But thanks anyway for your help. I read your documents and tried the different modes setting. But it seams that only the 7 ch. mode is working on this one.

By the way, what are the differences between the Ibeam 400 and 700HX, except the different modes and lamp power?

Sorry, didn't mean to imply that you were stupid. It's just that most other fixtures I have used "1" on the switch is "1" in the address space, not skewed, so not knowing what you are used to, and based on the behaviour you described, it would have been an easy mistake to make . . .

As far as differences, a quick look reveals that the gobo, iris, shutter and iris capabilities appear the same. The 400 appears to use an electronic dimming system that won't go below 60% whereas the 700HX used full range mechanical dimming. Since the 700HX was a replacement for the 400, and they were not built at the same time, I would not expect a lot of commonality in the two beyond the basics. Due to the additional motor channel on the 700HX for dimming, I beleive that the logic cards are also completely different which is why you can't put 700HX code on a 400 . . . hopefully, someone with HES or Don at Lightparts can clarify any other differences on Monday. I *think* I am correct, but since I have never touched a 400, can't be positive.

I fear, though, that you might be stuck in 7 channel mode with these . . . there is a reason that there weren't that many built, and that you don't see them much on the used market . . . .

- Tim
Children
No Data
Related