Intellabeam DMX channels

Hi,

I just got a couple of Intellabeam 400.
On my Grand MA's profile there are 8 channels, the last one is for the speed. But this speed channel has no effect on the mirror or gobo/color change speed.
On the online manual there is nothing mentionned about the DMX channels.

After searching on Google, some say that there are 8 channels some other 13 channels.

Could somebody tell me what is right. 7, 8 or 13?
Parents
  • [quote=tadawson]Sorry, didn't mean to imply that you were stupid. It's just that most other fixtures I have used "1" on the switch is "1" in the address space, not skewed, so not knowing what you are used to, and based on the behaviour you described, it would have been an easy mistake to make . . .

I fear, though, that you might be stuck in 7 channel mode with these . . . there is a reason that there weren't that many built, and that you don't see them much on the used market . . . .

I know that it's very easy to do a mistake with the addressing when the first channel starts with all switches at off. I have the same system on my SGM scanners.

Even if they have only 7 ch., I think I will find a good use for these scanners. They are simple but strong, big and heavy, all what I like :18:

In the 700 version, gobos can be replaced or not?
  • [quote=tadawson]Sorry, didn't mean to imply that you were stupid. It's just that most other fixtures I have used "1" on the switch is "1" in the address space, not skewed, so not knowing what you are used to, and based on the behaviour you described, it would have been an easy mistake to make . . .

I fear, though, that you might be stuck in 7 channel mode with these . . . there is a reason that there weren't that many built, and that you don't see them much on the used market . . . .

I know that it's very easy to do a mistake with the addressing when the first channel starts with all switches at off. I have the same system on my SGM scanners.

Even if they have only 7 ch., I think I will find a good use for these scanners. They are simple but strong, big and heavy, all what I like :18:

In the 700 version, gobos can be replaced or not?
Children
No Data
Related