Intellabeam DMX channels

Hi,

I just got a couple of Intellabeam 400.
On my Grand MA's profile there are 8 channels, the last one is for the speed. But this speed channel has no effect on the mirror or gobo/color change speed.
On the online manual there is nothing mentionned about the DMX channels.

After searching on Google, some say that there are 8 channels some other 13 channels.

Could somebody tell me what is right. 7, 8 or 13?
Parents
  • [quote=tadawson]
    Not sure on the power board on the 400, and due to the lower wattage they may be fine, but as I mentioned earlier, on the 700, they use headers and plug on connectors on the power board, and they are notorious for burning and failing, and often you can't see the damage until you unmate the connector. If you have that style connectors on your 400s, you might want to inspect them all. On my 700s, after the first few failures, they were all replaced with headers that basically look just like what was there originally, but without the connector - you insert the wire and tighten the screw. A bit more work to replace a board, but considering that is about the only failure I ever had with any regularity, it's not much of an issue . . .

When I opened them for a deep cleaning I saw these conenctors. They are ok, not burnt or even melted.
    But like I'm now planning to find some 700s, I will check this first. Thanks for the info :beerchug:
  • [quote=tadawson]
    Not sure on the power board on the 400, and due to the lower wattage they may be fine, but as I mentioned earlier, on the 700, they use headers and plug on connectors on the power board, and they are notorious for burning and failing, and often you can't see the damage until you unmate the connector. If you have that style connectors on your 400s, you might want to inspect them all. On my 700s, after the first few failures, they were all replaced with headers that basically look just like what was there originally, but without the connector - you insert the wire and tighten the screw. A bit more work to replace a board, but considering that is about the only failure I ever had with any regularity, it's not much of an issue . . .

When I opened them for a deep cleaning I saw these conenctors. They are ok, not burnt or even melted.
    But like I'm now planning to find some 700s, I will check this first. Thanks for the info :beerchug:
Children
No Data
Related