Intellabeam DMX channels

Hi,

I just got a couple of Intellabeam 400.
On my Grand MA's profile there are 8 channels, the last one is for the speed. But this speed channel has no effect on the mirror or gobo/color change speed.
On the online manual there is nothing mentionned about the DMX channels.

After searching on Google, some say that there are 8 channels some other 13 channels.

Could somebody tell me what is right. 7, 8 or 13?
Parents
  • Does it do that in self test mode as well? The IB 400 was unique in that it dimmed the lamp from 40% to 100% electronically - the full range mechanical dimmer came into being with the 700. Are you also sure that you have firmware that will run DMX, and that you are in a DMX mode? IE personality switch 3 or 4 on *only*?

And you are running the IB400 profile, right? I don't think the 400 ran anything other than 7 (or 8?) channel mode, and if you get that wrong, things will line up oddly. Despite the plethora of old HES docs I have, I can't find a specific mapping for the 400 - just 700, and the later 700's has high res and extended modes that never made it to the 400. In 7/8 channel mode, the dimmer is on channel 6 (at least in the 700) and if you run anything else, then if you have a LSB value on that channel for instance, just about any activity will thrash it.

What console or controller are you using? Since there are no 16 bit channels on a 400, a simple DMX console should make it pretty easy to verify that you are on the right channels.

And if your firmware is ancient, you might only have Lightwave protocol, which will do loads of bizarre stuff . . . but if so, the boards are upgradable . . .

- Tim
  • Does it do that in self test mode as well? The IB 400 was unique in that it dimmed the lamp from 40% to 100% electronically - the full range mechanical dimmer came into being with the 700. Are you also sure that you have firmware that will run DMX, and that you are in a DMX mode? IE personality switch 3 or 4 on *only*?

And you are running the IB400 profile, right? I don't think the 400 ran anything other than 7 (or 8?) channel mode, and if you get that wrong, things will line up oddly. Despite the plethora of old HES docs I have, I can't find a specific mapping for the 400 - just 700, and the later 700's has high res and extended modes that never made it to the 400. In 7/8 channel mode, the dimmer is on channel 6 (at least in the 700) and if you run anything else, then if you have a LSB value on that channel for instance, just about any activity will thrash it.

What console or controller are you using? Since there are no 16 bit channels on a 400, a simple DMX console should make it pretty easy to verify that you are on the right channels.

And if your firmware is ancient, you might only have Lightwave protocol, which will do loads of bizarre stuff . . . but if so, the boards are upgradable . . .

- Tim
Children
No Data
Related