X-Spot error codes

First of all I love the display on the X-Spot. Lots of useful information.

The unit I am working on now has several errors.

It has one edge not found error, four tab not found errors, and one closed not found error.

What is the difference between an edge, a tab, and a closed not found error?

I could not find it in the manual.

Also, does this seem indicative of problems with the wheels/sensors or more of a logic board issue?

Thanks

Mike
Parents
  • Impressive,
    you have error codes from pretty much every part of the fixture,
    Do the wheels try to home?
    do they move at all during homing?
    What are the lights on the 2 phase cards doing?
    (long thin rectangular cards)
    There is an LED beneath each Motor plug, this should change color as the fixture homes,

I also would check the 2 fuses in the top box, I am starting to wonder if the 2 phase card fuse has blown, that is an awful lot of errors to have, unless the fixture is in a terrible case of disrepair.

Here is the link the the manual, Most of these errors are listed starting on section 6-3, along with troubleshooting help.
    www.highend.com/pub/products/automated_luminaires/Xspot/docs/Xtrememanual.pdf

The one that is not listed is the Gobo 2 closed error. I don't know about that one, There really isn't a "closed" function to the gobo 2.
    I would start by fixing the other stuff, and see what happens with that error.
    Perhaps the fixture is trying to show 2 errors at once and getting them mixed up...

Good Luck, let us know how else we can help.

Joshua Wood
  • Impressive,
    you have error codes from pretty much every part of the fixture,
    Do the wheels try to home?
    do they move at all during homing?
    What are the lights on the 2 phase cards doing?
    (long thin rectangular cards)
    There is an LED beneath each Motor plug, this should change color as the fixture homes,

I also would check the 2 fuses in the top box, I am starting to wonder if the 2 phase card fuse has blown, that is an awful lot of errors to have, unless the fixture is in a terrible case of disrepair.

Here is the link the the manual, Most of these errors are listed starting on section 6-3, along with troubleshooting help.
    www.highend.com/pub/products/automated_luminaires/Xspot/docs/Xtrememanual.pdf

The one that is not listed is the Gobo 2 closed error. I don't know about that one, There really isn't a "closed" function to the gobo 2.
    I would start by fixing the other stuff, and see what happens with that error.
    Perhaps the fixture is trying to show 2 errors at once and getting them mixed up...

Good Luck, let us know how else we can help.

Joshua Wood
Children
No Data
Related