X-Spot error codes

First of all I love the display on the X-Spot. Lots of useful information.

The unit I am working on now has several errors.

It has one edge not found error, four tab not found errors, and one closed not found error.

What is the difference between an edge, a tab, and a closed not found error?

I could not find it in the manual.

Also, does this seem indicative of problems with the wheels/sensors or more of a logic board issue?

Thanks

Mike
Parents
  • [quote=Esoteric]Yeah *points up* it eventually gets to X-Spot Standard, then the version number, then the address, then repeats the errors.

Mike

Thanks. Didn't see that before, but it's clear as a bell now . . . oh well . . .

On the wheel that sticks, any idea what it is hanging up on? Does it still stick if you remove the module from the fixture? Depending on what is binding, it is possible that both the wheel rotation as well as gobo rotation might be sticking, and that might give both errors. What I have found is that if the wheels are put on the shaft without a wee bit of slop, the wheel rotate and gobo rotate functions can fight each other, in my case resulting in losing home, but possibly also causing a failure to find home outright. Check the module out of the fixture, and if the wheel still binds, try moving it out on the shaft just a wee bit and see if it frees up. I am curious as well as to what voltage you are seeing on the bus running to the two and three phase cards. Since the logic runs on a pretty low voltage, I think that could sag pretty far (thus giving the motors fits) before the logic noticed . . .

- Tim

- Tim
  • [quote=Esoteric]Yeah *points up* it eventually gets to X-Spot Standard, then the version number, then the address, then repeats the errors.

Mike

Thanks. Didn't see that before, but it's clear as a bell now . . . oh well . . .

On the wheel that sticks, any idea what it is hanging up on? Does it still stick if you remove the module from the fixture? Depending on what is binding, it is possible that both the wheel rotation as well as gobo rotation might be sticking, and that might give both errors. What I have found is that if the wheels are put on the shaft without a wee bit of slop, the wheel rotate and gobo rotate functions can fight each other, in my case resulting in losing home, but possibly also causing a failure to find home outright. Check the module out of the fixture, and if the wheel still binds, try moving it out on the shaft just a wee bit and see if it frees up. I am curious as well as to what voltage you are seeing on the bus running to the two and three phase cards. Since the logic runs on a pretty low voltage, I think that could sag pretty far (thus giving the motors fits) before the logic noticed . . .

- Tim

- Tim
Children
No Data
Related