Technobeam Iris Assy install

I have a "new in box" ('03) Technobeam, and am trying to install the iris assembly. Thought this would be a slam dunk, but I'm having a bit of a problem. When installed, the litho wheel scrapes the iris bracket at one point in its rotation. There is no 'play' in the bottom mounting hole of the iris bracket, so I can't adjust it any further away from the litho wheel. I figured I could loosen the litho wheel set screws and scoot it rearward a tad away from the iris, but it's already against the gearset.

Is there some other trick like bending the bracket slightly? The best solution I can think of is to elongate the mounting hole in the Iris bracket so it can move away from the litho wheel 1/16" or so. Am I overlooking something really obvious?

Thanks!

- Mike
Parents
  • It is a super tight fit.
    the deal is that you need to futz with the mount that goes into the stand off,
    loosen both screws, and move the iris around until it just fits without touching the litho wheel or the fx wheel.
    If you can't get it to work, you may have the litho wheel a bit too far out on the motor shaft.
    Or, I have seen the litho wheel warp, and then there is no solution other than to replace the wheel.
    the old plastic wheels definetly seem to warp more than the new aluminum ones.
    Good Luck!
    Joshua Wood
  • It is a super tight fit.
    the deal is that you need to futz with the mount that goes into the stand off,
    loosen both screws, and move the iris around until it just fits without touching the litho wheel or the fx wheel.
    If you can't get it to work, you may have the litho wheel a bit too far out on the motor shaft.
    Or, I have seen the litho wheel warp, and then there is no solution other than to replace the wheel.
    the old plastic wheels definetly seem to warp more than the new aluminum ones.
    Good Luck!
    Joshua Wood
Children
No Data
Related