Cyber not shutting down from DMX

I have a Cyber that lamped on whenever it had power, whether there was data present or not. Replacing the lamp SCRs partially fixed it - now it lamps on with data and lamps off when data is removed.

However it still will not shutdown the lamp when given the DMX shutdown sequence.

Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Cheers,

Scotty.
Parents
  • Check you data path. If you are going through certain types of opto-splitters or have other devices before that fixture in the DMX link it might be getting some sort of signal still that keeps it from shutting down.

Another thing I have seen quite often with Cybers that might cause this is the 14-pin wiring harness between the PSB and Logic cards. Look for burn marks on the connectors and/or damage to the cable inbetween.

What model and date of manufacture is this Cyber?

Hope this helps:)
  • Check you data path. If you are going through certain types of opto-splitters or have other devices before that fixture in the DMX link it might be getting some sort of signal still that keeps it from shutting down.

Another thing I have seen quite often with Cybers that might cause this is the 14-pin wiring harness between the PSB and Logic cards. Look for burn marks on the connectors and/or damage to the cable inbetween.

What model and date of manufacture is this Cyber?

Hope this helps:)
Children
No Data
Related