Emulator won't strike

I'm having a strange problem with one of my Emus. I've tried it with both a brand new HOLL-1000 lamp, and a slightly used one that works perfect in another fixture. You can see the lamp try to strike multiple times, the igniter doesn't seem to have a problem creating an arc in the lamp, but the lamp never actually holds the arc for more than a split second. It's almost like the power supply can't supply enough current to keep the arc stable.

Has anyone experienced this issue before? What did you do to resolve it? I haven't used this fixture in some time because I couldn't afford to replace the lamp for a while, but just recently got replacement lamps in, and now I'm having this problem.

Any ideas?

Jeff:dunno:
Parents
  • Be very careful using volt meters and o'scopes on the ignitor/lamp side of the LPSU.

At strike time, there are voltages in the thousands of volts range. It can easily destroy your test equipment, and injure you in the process. As a general rule, if you don't have special test equipment, you don't want to be anywhere near the ignitor wiring at strike.

We have quite a few Fluke meters around here that have been destroyed by a strike.
  • Be very careful using volt meters and o'scopes on the ignitor/lamp side of the LPSU.

At strike time, there are voltages in the thousands of volts range. It can easily destroy your test equipment, and injure you in the process. As a general rule, if you don't have special test equipment, you don't want to be anywhere near the ignitor wiring at strike.

We have quite a few Fluke meters around here that have been destroyed by a strike.
Children
No Data
Related