Emulator won't strike

I'm having a strange problem with one of my Emus. I've tried it with both a brand new HOLL-1000 lamp, and a slightly used one that works perfect in another fixture. You can see the lamp try to strike multiple times, the igniter doesn't seem to have a problem creating an arc in the lamp, but the lamp never actually holds the arc for more than a split second. It's almost like the power supply can't supply enough current to keep the arc stable.

Has anyone experienced this issue before? What did you do to resolve it? I haven't used this fixture in some time because I couldn't afford to replace the lamp for a while, but just recently got replacement lamps in, and now I'm having this problem.

Any ideas?

Jeff:dunno:
Parents
  • Yes, both. I don't have any spare boards at the moment. I was going to swap logic boards between a working unit and the bad unit and see which one works when I'm done. If the working unit continues to work, then the problem is with the PSB, if the working unit fails with the logic board out of the bad unit, then the problem is with the logic board. I may be able to repair the logic board if that is the cause, but if not, I may be interested in a spare board (whichever proves to be bad) at that point. I'm in Seattle.
  • Yes, both. I don't have any spare boards at the moment. I was going to swap logic boards between a working unit and the bad unit and see which one works when I'm done. If the working unit continues to work, then the problem is with the PSB, if the working unit fails with the logic board out of the bad unit, then the problem is with the logic board. I may be able to repair the logic board if that is the cause, but if not, I may be interested in a spare board (whichever proves to be bad) at that point. I'm in Seattle.
Children
No Data
Related