Emulator won't strike

I'm having a strange problem with one of my Emus. I've tried it with both a brand new HOLL-1000 lamp, and a slightly used one that works perfect in another fixture. You can see the lamp try to strike multiple times, the igniter doesn't seem to have a problem creating an arc in the lamp, but the lamp never actually holds the arc for more than a split second. It's almost like the power supply can't supply enough current to keep the arc stable.

Has anyone experienced this issue before? What did you do to resolve it? I haven't used this fixture in some time because I couldn't afford to replace the lamp for a while, but just recently got replacement lamps in, and now I'm having this problem.

Any ideas?

Jeff:dunno:
Parents
  • Well, it looks like the problem is the PSB. Now I need to make the decision as to whether to replace the PSB, or to replace the entire Xenon system with some new tech.... www.lifi.com/dynamic/display.php/63 Looking at trying to get a unit in for testing soon... looks like it will probably do the trick, but can't really tell until I put one in an Emu and tweak with the optics some.
    (I'll probably have to replace the condensor lenses, but i'm not really sure yet, not enough info).

I'd love to see a brighter Emu with a lamp that lasts 10 years.
  • Well, it looks like the problem is the PSB. Now I need to make the decision as to whether to replace the PSB, or to replace the entire Xenon system with some new tech.... www.lifi.com/dynamic/display.php/63 Looking at trying to get a unit in for testing soon... looks like it will probably do the trick, but can't really tell until I put one in an Emu and tweak with the optics some.
    (I'll probably have to replace the condensor lenses, but i'm not really sure yet, not enough info).

I'd love to see a brighter Emu with a lamp that lasts 10 years.
Children
No Data
Related