Cyber SV Mirror Pan Brake Issue

Mirror Pan problems have aparently plagued HES for a while. First, the spring tensioner mechanism thingy; which worked until you turned the fixture 'right-side-up'. Then they moved to the motor shaft damper/brake arrangement; that works better, but . . . Now there is apparently is a little known upgrade for the mirror "braking" system to include two (2) brakes on the mirror Pan motor. This is available as the "Motor Brake Upgrade Kit ($40 . . . something).

Look, I happen to have over thirty Cyberlight SVs in the show, and nine spares. All of them have the "pre-upgrade" single brake version. Unless anyone has a better option, I plan to add a $9.00+ brake, and modify the existing motor shaft (Machine the shaft end by 3/16" so the set screws meet the motor shaft).

Does anyone have any other Cyber SV tips? Help.

TNX,
Rick51 :confused:
Parents
  • [quote=jksorg;36251]If you want the instructions, it comes with the upgrade kits and is pretty simple with just a few tools.
    Thank you very much guys for the the help it was fast. The thing is I am on a cruise ship at the moment, the electronics doesn't have the kit in stock but I have found the brakes ( two kinds), and I am waiting for "awhile" before I get a hold of the kit and of course all the good thing that come with it like instruction and the cylinder and screws and... at the moment the brakes are installed on the mirror head but they need replacement. So if you can please tell me if I am doing right by just replacing the brakes and using the parts that are already there.I usually had those two pages of instructions with me in my kit but unfortunately I didn't bring it with me this time :aargh4:. Yea sucks. So if anybody has it online I'd really appreciate it so I can sort out one of the bad thing in my theater:You_Rock_Emoticon:.
    Thanks.
  • [quote=jksorg;36251]If you want the instructions, it comes with the upgrade kits and is pretty simple with just a few tools.
    Thank you very much guys for the the help it was fast. The thing is I am on a cruise ship at the moment, the electronics doesn't have the kit in stock but I have found the brakes ( two kinds), and I am waiting for "awhile" before I get a hold of the kit and of course all the good thing that come with it like instruction and the cylinder and screws and... at the moment the brakes are installed on the mirror head but they need replacement. So if you can please tell me if I am doing right by just replacing the brakes and using the parts that are already there.I usually had those two pages of instructions with me in my kit but unfortunately I didn't bring it with me this time :aargh4:. Yea sucks. So if anybody has it online I'd really appreciate it so I can sort out one of the bad thing in my theater:You_Rock_Emoticon:.
    Thanks.
Children
No Data
Related