Cyber SV Mirror Pan Brake Issue

Mirror Pan problems have aparently plagued HES for a while. First, the spring tensioner mechanism thingy; which worked until you turned the fixture 'right-side-up'. Then they moved to the motor shaft damper/brake arrangement; that works better, but . . . Now there is apparently is a little known upgrade for the mirror "braking" system to include two (2) brakes on the mirror Pan motor. This is available as the "Motor Brake Upgrade Kit ($40 . . . something).

Look, I happen to have over thirty Cyberlight SVs in the show, and nine spares. All of them have the "pre-upgrade" single brake version. Unless anyone has a better option, I plan to add a $9.00+ brake, and modify the existing motor shaft (Machine the shaft end by 3/16" so the set screws meet the motor shaft).

Does anyone have any other Cyber SV tips? Help.

TNX,
Rick51 :confused:
Parents
  • [quote=chris_litz;36395]The upgrade requires replacing the pan tube. Unless you have a way to turn these down you won't be able to add the motor brakes to the pan motors.
    Hi Chris
    Yes you are right. The thing is I have multiple cybers SV with the pan/tilt upgraded, so the tube is already there, on some of them I found bad motors but some of them are overshooting position. With the motor replacement I also replace the brakes just to be on the safe side. The brakes are not expensive. My question is ,since you guys probably have more experience, how long will the brakes last before they need another replacement. I haven't had oportunity to stick around long enough after upgrade of the pan/tilt brakes on my previous contracts but I definetly have solved this problem on a lot of cyberlights on my previous contracts. I might get my supervisor to give me acsses to the deficiencies reports of my previous ships so I can track to see if the upgraded fixtures are still good and how much time does it take for the brakes to be replaced again. The fixtures are being used 10 hours a day and there is some movement going on. Anyway thank you very much gentelman your help is very welcome. I am trully gratefull and I wish I could be of some use to someone else and help them the way you helped me. Thanks.
  • [quote=chris_litz;36395]The upgrade requires replacing the pan tube. Unless you have a way to turn these down you won't be able to add the motor brakes to the pan motors.
    Hi Chris
    Yes you are right. The thing is I have multiple cybers SV with the pan/tilt upgraded, so the tube is already there, on some of them I found bad motors but some of them are overshooting position. With the motor replacement I also replace the brakes just to be on the safe side. The brakes are not expensive. My question is ,since you guys probably have more experience, how long will the brakes last before they need another replacement. I haven't had oportunity to stick around long enough after upgrade of the pan/tilt brakes on my previous contracts but I definetly have solved this problem on a lot of cyberlights on my previous contracts. I might get my supervisor to give me acsses to the deficiencies reports of my previous ships so I can track to see if the upgraded fixtures are still good and how much time does it take for the brakes to be replaced again. The fixtures are being used 10 hours a day and there is some movement going on. Anyway thank you very much gentelman your help is very welcome. I am trully gratefull and I wish I could be of some use to someone else and help them the way you helped me. Thanks.
Children
No Data
Related