AF-1000 tripping breaker

Hello,

Before I send this unit back to HES for repair, I'd like to check here.

I have an AF1000 that is tripping the breaker immediately upon startup. Changed lamp, checked for obvious component failures (burn marks, swollen caps). Both onboard fuses are fine.

Any ideas where to start?
-RB
Parents
  • I would agree with Marty. It would seem there is a short somewhere for it to just start tripping the breaker after 5 years of no problems. You might want to disassemble the unit and unplug it from the circuit card. Then (very carefully) turn the unit on and see if the breaker trips. If it does, then you can at least say it's not the card and look for a problem elsewhere. Just a thought. Hope this helps. Take care!
  • I would agree with Marty. It would seem there is a short somewhere for it to just start tripping the breaker after 5 years of no problems. You might want to disassemble the unit and unplug it from the circuit card. Then (very carefully) turn the unit on and see if the breaker trips. If it does, then you can at least say it's not the card and look for a problem elsewhere. Just a thought. Hope this helps. Take care!
Children
No Data
Related