AF-1000 tripping breaker

Hello,

Before I send this unit back to HES for repair, I'd like to check here.

I have an AF1000 that is tripping the breaker immediately upon startup. Changed lamp, checked for obvious component failures (burn marks, swollen caps). Both onboard fuses are fine.

Any ideas where to start?
-RB
Parents
  • Under one ohm between line and neutral is far too low. The AF1000's schematics are available on the support page if you're comfortable doing your own repairs. Sometimes the drive SCRs can fail short, also check the input MOV.

Be careful working inside an AF1000, the caps can hold a dangerous charge well after its been powered down. If you don't have high voltage experience, then let someone who does handle the repair.
  • Under one ohm between line and neutral is far too low. The AF1000's schematics are available on the support page if you're comfortable doing your own repairs. Sometimes the drive SCRs can fail short, also check the input MOV.

Be careful working inside an AF1000, the caps can hold a dangerous charge well after its been powered down. If you don't have high voltage experience, then let someone who does handle the repair.
Children
No Data
Related