More x.spot issues

I have another x.spot that keeps blowing one of the motor supply fuses. The fixture keeps running (lamp stays on and pan/tilt still works) but none of the internal functions seem to work (at least the dimmer doesn't) -- It also comes up on the display N1/N2/N3.

What could be causing this? It ran for like 2 weeks no problem, blew once, then fine for a while, yet blew twice today. :aargh4:
Parents
  • you may have a short somewhere in the harness to ground,
    I would take a long hard look at the harness and see if you can find any worn spots on the harness.
    Don't forget to look in the pan and tilt tubes.

If 1 of the 2 phase cards is causing it, it could be very tough to diagnose, because as soon as you unplug 1 to test, this lowers the draw, and then the fuse doesn't blow, even if the card you unplugged isn't the 1 causing the problem.

I am sure you have double checked, but I will mention it anyways, Make sure you replaced the fuse with 1 in the correct value.
    Good Luck!
    J.
  • you may have a short somewhere in the harness to ground,
    I would take a long hard look at the harness and see if you can find any worn spots on the harness.
    Don't forget to look in the pan and tilt tubes.

If 1 of the 2 phase cards is causing it, it could be very tough to diagnose, because as soon as you unplug 1 to test, this lowers the draw, and then the fuse doesn't blow, even if the card you unplugged isn't the 1 causing the problem.

I am sure you have double checked, but I will mention it anyways, Make sure you replaced the fuse with 1 in the correct value.
    Good Luck!
    J.
Children
No Data
Related