studio color 575 pan and tilt problems

I Have a studio color 575 with a pan stop error . The fixture would go to full pan position , slam against stops and make a load racket trying to go farther . I tried cross testing ( put them in another fixture to test them. ) both the power supply boards , motor , sensor , and the logic board . I also confirmed it was set to studio color and not studio spot. I did a continuity test on the harness that’s involved. All checked out fine. Still had the problem . I tore this light all the way down and replaced the bearings in pan and tilt . I also replaced the motors and sensors . Now I had the same problem with pan and tilt . I triple checked to make sure I plugged it all back in correctly , rechecked the harness for continuity , cross checked motors to make sure the new ones were the correct ones , and waved a sledge hammer in a threatening manner . Still have pan and tilt slamming against stops and making horrible noises .at a loss. What I miss ? Where did I go wrong with this fixture?
Parents
  • Have you used the Test Menu to test the function of the sensors,
    I believe it is under Test/Sens.
    You can select each of the pan and tilt sensors and make sure they are working.
    Sounds like you have a problem with the Tilt or pan stop sensor.
    If the hubs were not reinstalled correctly this will cause this error.
    Did you reinstall the hubs with the 2 screws lined up to the marks on the end of the pan and tilt tube?
    Let us know what the test menu says, and I think we should be able to figure it out.
    Joshua Wood
  • Have you used the Test Menu to test the function of the sensors,
    I believe it is under Test/Sens.
    You can select each of the pan and tilt sensors and make sure they are working.
    Sounds like you have a problem with the Tilt or pan stop sensor.
    If the hubs were not reinstalled correctly this will cause this error.
    Did you reinstall the hubs with the 2 screws lined up to the marks on the end of the pan and tilt tube?
    Let us know what the test menu says, and I think we should be able to figure it out.
    Joshua Wood
Children
No Data
Related